Infographics are a graphical representation of a wall of text usually including data or statistics. The idea is that, presented in this way, the information is easy to consume and fun to share.
We have all heard that a picture speaks a thousand words and I happen to believe that’s true. I have gathered my fair share of infographics on my digital marketing journey so far. When time is of the essence and learning is paramount, I’ve found infographics really help to cut through to the heart of a subject and present the salient points in a concise manner, aided by lovely graphics to help make sense of the data.
Marketers have realised this too and this has led to the rise of the infographic.
Infographics make great marketing tools. Why?
- 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual
- 99% of all sensory information is filtered out by the brain almost immediately.
- Infographics are in that 1% that isn’t
- The eyes are a physical extension of the brain.
- 65% of us are visual learners
And now that you have processed this information the hard way, I’ve got a great infographic from NeoMam Studios which puts it across much better! In my next post, I’m going to gather my favourites and share them with you.